Nashville Flood Relief Poster

Quick poster design this morning for a benefit concert in Nashville.

[UPDATE]
Thanks to everyone who has commented or emailed. Originally I created this for a friend who was helping to promote a church benefit concert…but honestly I would love to for the art to be used to do as much good as possible, for as many people as possible. So let me look into it to see how we can do that. I will let you know.

[SECOND UPDATE - 5/10/10]
Okay! Again, thanks to everyone who has commented or emailed about this poster. Here’s what I’m going to do. I’d like to donate this art to help with flood relief in the broadest possible way. So instead of printing these myself, or working exclusively with one organization, what I’m going to do is give the art to anyone who wants to use it to raise money. You can create prints, stickers, t-shirts…anything and everything that you think will help.

The only thing that I would ask is that 100% of all proceeds to any of the following charities:

The Community Foundation of Middle Tennesee
Hands On Nashville
Nashville Red Cross
2nd Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Samaritan’s Purse

ALL OF THE ART FILES CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE.

I’ve added some new designs that incorporate the “We Are Nashville” slogan, and some t-shirt designs as well. Originally the design was created to promote a concert. I hope they still use it. I hope Cool People Care create shirts and stickers and sell them on their site. I would love it if Hatch Show Print created some one-of-a-kind posters! If you have a print shop, make posters. If you can make t-shirts, make t-shirts. Feel free to use the art however you want. Feel free to improve it or create different variations…it’s up to you. Just make sure all proceeds to go the charities above.

Nashville is home to some amazingly creative artists. My hope is that my art does the most good for the most people. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

We Are Nashville,
Ty

- Ty + 5.6.10 | 10:49 am

47 Comments

Nice! To the point and very elegant!

- Shawn Hazen + 5.6.10 | 11:10 am

Love it. I especially enjoy the not completely “clean” look – the scratchy look. (I’m sure there’s a technical graphic designer/artist term for that.)

- Michelle Doerr + 5.6.10 | 12:48 pm

What concert? I would love to purchase one of these, especially if some of the proceeds go to flood relief.

- Natalie + 5.6.10 | 1:43 pm

Nice! Reminds me of the quote Design should never say, “Look at me.” It should always say, “Look at this.”
— David Craib
Your work will help bring Nashville the help and attention it needs. For that we thank you!

- neely catignani + 5.6.10 | 1:55 pm

Agree with the comment of Natalie. This image is now my wallpaper. I hope we can buy it in some form soon. I would have this in my home. Thank you for making it.

- Scott + 5.6.10 | 10:50 pm

I would really love this on a T-shirt!!! If that actually happens email me. Thx Kacy

- Kacy Huntley + 5.7.10 | 1:53 pm

I third Natalie’s comment! Please make this available, especially if proceeds go towards flood relief!

- Jennifer + 5.7.10 | 2:20 pm

Would love to purchase one of these! I had just mused earlier that someone should create a lovely poster, with proceeds benefiting recovery. And ta-da!

- susannah + 5.7.10 | 2:21 pm

Love it! Where can I get one?

- Michael + 5.7.10 | 2:49 pm

Thanks to everyone who has commented or emailed. Originally I created this for a friend who was helping to promote a church benefit concert…but I would love to for the art to be used to do as much good as possible, for as many people as possible. So let me look into it to see how we can do that. I will let you know.

- Ty + 5.7.10 | 3:04 pm

I would LOVE to buy one of these for our home and our office! I hope it becomes available and helps out some of our victims and relief efforts.

- chelle baldwin + 5.7.10 | 3:09 pm

Want it. subtle yet perfect. Pictures do speak a thousand words.

- Kathy + 5.7.10 | 3:13 pm

If the church is unable to get them mass produced for buyers maybe this website could point you in the right direction. They are doing shirts and bumper stickers that say “We are Nashville” Here is the link.

- chelle baldwin + 5.7.10 | 3:13 pm

I don’t live in Nashville but I’ve got my eyes set on a move there in a year. The way the people of Nashville have come together during this hard time is incredible. I would LOVE to have one of these posters. Money to help clean up a place I would love to call home.

- Corey + 5.7.10 | 3:23 pm

Please make this into a shirt. I would rather buy this than the current “We Are Nashville” shirt. I would love to see “We Are Nashville” under this image. Great job.

- Nathan + 5.7.10 | 3:24 pm

I would also LOVE to buy this in a t-shirt for my whole family. ESPECIALLY if we can work it out to benefit the flood victims….

- Ann Frances + 5.7.10 | 4:00 pm

I would love to buy one of these for my musician husband’s office. Fantastic design and if it goes towards flood relief, even better. Shirts would be awesome too. I love seeing so many talented artists come up with these cool things to help our city. I’m going to have quite a collection when it’s all said and done!!

- Erika + 5.7.10 | 4:41 pm

I am displaced from my home because of the flood and would love to have this hanging when I get things dry, rebuilt and I can finally move back in. Please e-mail if this becomes available for purchase!

- Kelsey + 5.7.10 | 6:09 pm

Would love to use this on my FB page and blog.

- Mike + 5.7.10 | 9:37 pm

I live in Mpls and happened to be home in Nashville this last weekend. I would love to buy this poster to display in my underdecorated office. (I also subscribed to your RSS feed – I like your work!)

- christie + 5.8.10 | 6:25 am

Do it!

- Brad + 5.8.10 | 6:37 am

Please email if this becomes available in print. Would love to have on a poster and shirt!

- Cory + 5.8.10 | 6:42 am

Please let me know when/if these become available as tshirts or posters; I’d love to purchase!

- Judie Lipsett + 5.8.10 | 9:34 am

LOVE this as is with the love your neighbor below! Such an important message. I would love a shirt if they become available.

P.S. It would look great as a ringer T

- Ann-Marie Hensley + 5.8.10 | 3:37 pm

Love it! Please make prints available and raise flood relief funds! I’ll take the first five!!

- Andy Sudbrock + 5.8.10 | 5:34 pm

I too would love this as a poster or shirt. Please let me know if that happens!

- Amber V + 5.10.10 | 7:40 am

i love these! please let us know if they become available to purchase!

- natalie. + 5.10.10 | 11:19 am

Cafe Press shop set up for @tymattson ‘s designs 100% to CFMT http://bit.ly/cQjsz2

- ModFruGal + 5.10.10 | 4:11 pm

We will take a bunch of these. We will even put them in our store in Franklin

- Will + 5.11.10 | 5:03 am

I would LOVE to buy one of these T-shirts! Not sure how to get them printed myself, but I would buy one if I knew someone who was selling. Thanks so much for putting this beautiful design out there!

- Rebecca + 5.11.10 | 11:07 am

Oh, just saw the ModFruGal post – very cool! I’m going to order. http://shops.cafepress.com/ModFruGal

- Rebecca + 5.11.10 | 11:16 am

just added the love your neighbor design for shirts as well.

- ModFruGal + 5.11.10 | 12:35 pm

I live in Nashville, have been for almost 10 years, and have been volunteering the past week when I can. This is the best flood relief art I have seen. Great job Ty.

- Brad + 5.11.10 | 8:00 pm

New link for shop..had to rebuild both designs for shirts avail there 100% to CFMT http://www.cafepress.com/ModFruGal

- ModFruGal + 5.12.10 | 10:22 am

I absolutely love this poster and blogged about it was well. What great design work -powerful and understated. Long live Nashville

- Abby + 5.12.10 | 5:43 pm

I would like to purchase a shirt in the aqua blue color of the design with the navy print. Please let me know if this becomes available. Love this design!

- Nicole + 5.17.10 | 11:25 am

I would LOVE the we are nashville with the guitar as a vinyl decal for my car! Modfugal can you help me with this? hnewy@yahoo.com

- hnewy + 5.20.10 | 7:05 pm

I want this as a poster it is awesome so does everyone I work with… I would buy it today!
Anita

- anita + 5.20.10 | 8:24 pm

We have posted tshirts and small tote bags with the Love Your Neighbor design for sale here: http://bit.ly/awzrLo

- amymac + 5.27.10 | 9:45 pm

[...] via: mattsoncreative  /  hutton hotel  /  1808 grille  /  kayne prime  /  giovanni  / music-city vacations   [...]

Do you want to create a mascot for your newly formed neighborhood football team.

A personalized or designer t shirt gives you unique looks which make you different from the masses.

As opposed to printing specifically onto the material, this alternative prints the outline onto a vinyl sheet,
which is sliced to size and after that stuck onto
the thing.

- print t shirts + 8.7.15 | 6:40 pm

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological world everything is presented on net?

- P.C. + 8.8.15 | 4:19 am

In addition to Santa’s arrival, the Jolly Old Elf will be available for photos during select hours
following the parade. You may purchase all the gear for surfing in the island and there are actually many shops that sell them.
Go to the top of your Microsoft Word program and
click File -> Print.

- Christmas Shopping Online + 9.24.15 | 6:33 am

Donde Coche se descañona Un subgrupo abatible. Aquel Coche Cual se emborrona excepto El adoratorio platero

- Felecia Meisels + 9.25.15 | 2:03 am

I take pleasure in, cause I discovered exactly
what I used to be having a look for. You’ve ended my four
day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

Bye

- create a shirt + 11.26.15 | 8:28 am

僕は高校生なのですが、数年後までにはアパレル業界でバイトでもいいから働きたいと思っています。
アパレル業界でバリバリに働きたいです。
どうすればD&Gとかで店員として働けるのでしょうか?

- アパレル 正社員 + 6.4.16 | 10:37 am

Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We’ve ever
arrive across on this subject. Basically Fantastic. I’m also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your hard
work.